Our client is a next-generation global technology company (150k+ employees worldwide) that helps enterprises reimagine their businesses for the digital age. The company is a business process outsourcer working with clients such as ADIDAS, Volkswagen, Porsche, AUDI, etc. and are currently building a team to manage and support the infrastructure and systems of a global provider of energy and smart buildings serivces. With a worldwide network of R&D, innovation labs, and delivery centres, and over 150 000 employees working in 50 countries, the company offers an integrated portfolio of products and services through three business units. These are IT and Business Services (ITBS), Engineering and R&D Services (ERS), and Products and Platforms (P&P). Since they opened an office in Sofia (1300 employees) in 2005, they have been constantly attracting talented people and helping them develop their potential.
As a part of this ongoing expansion, they are currently looking for an experienced and reliable “Windows and VMWare Operations Engineer (L3)" who will be responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows and VMware infrastructures.
Windows and VMWare Operations Engineer (L3) – Sofia / Hybrid
- Responsible for ensuring that the run-time Windows Server - Standalone and Cluster server deliveries comply with given specifications and customer expectations.
- Participating in Major Incidents Procedures and driving high-priority incidents.
- Securing quality in Operations.
- Installing, configuring, and managing VMware ESXi Infrastructure and vCentre Server.
- Configuring and managing storage for VMware ESXi server.
- Configuring standard and distributed virtual Switches.
- Capacity management in VMware environment.
- Configuring and managing HA, DRS.
- Performing capacity and performance reports for Cluster, Hosts, Storage, VMs, etc.
- Managing backup and restore, along with an understanding of VMware Snapshots.
- Configuring and managing Monitoring Alerts w.r.t VMware Hypervisors and VMs.
- Performing daily health and performance checks of the VMware infrastructure.
- Building and maintaining good operational conditions for complex technical environments with respect to SLAs.
- Managing updates for all VMware components, Hosts, and VMware tools for VMs via Update Manager Plug-in.
- Configuring, managing, and upgrading firmware and driver for RACK servers, Dell Mx7000, HPE C7000, and Cisco UCS Chassis and blades.
- 5+ years of experience with Windows System Administration.
- Expert-level knowledge of Windows Server 2003, 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Experience with Microsoft Failover Cluster administration.
- Knowledge in patching the servers through SCCM and WSUS.
- Expert knowledge of Crash Dump analysis (Bug checking) and Server logs analysis.
- Expert Knowledge of various applications (SCCM/SCOM/SCO/WSUS/IIS) used in the Server infrastructure.
- Expert Knowledge in Backup Tools Veeam, Vibe, TSM, and performing Root Cause Analysis.
- Strong understanding of ITIL processes - Incident, Problem, and Change management.
- Good knowledge of Veeam VMware Monitoring Scripting.
- Good knowledge of networking concepts - subnets, VLAN, etc.
- Good understanding of clusters, datastores, VSAN, TINTRI Snapshots, clones, P2V, Templates, virtual switches, and Networking.
- MCSE certification would be considered an advantage.
- Availability to work in 24/7 rotational shifts.
- Excellent English language skills.
Should you consider yourself as the right candidate for this role, we would be glad to receive your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our consultants.
Applying for this position, you are authorizing Novi Global to work and process with your personal information following the Law for Personal Data Protection.
Agency license Number 2123 issued on 04.10.2016.
Windows and VMWare Operations Engineer - L3
Bulgaria - Sofia