Our client is an international software development company focused both on the design and development of custom web applications and websites & own products – e.g. a live streaming platform, a MailChimp alternative and a CMS that is the backbone of their website projects. They are a small team, working remote with team members based in Belgium, Hungary and Bulgaria. The company culture is built on trust and flat structure, where the employees have the freedom to choose the matching tools and solutions for each project, and also to create and maintain a healthy life balance. However, the technologies they currently use for their projects are the following: Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Elixir, Ember.JS, Vue.JS, React, SASS, TailwindCSS, PostgreSQL, Heroku. All their recent work has been built using the latest technologies and best practices - some of them using test-driven development.
Besides the technical perspective, an interesting fact about the company is that all of them share their love of outdoor activities & nature and the company donates at least 1% of their annual revenue to non-profit organizations that are active in nature preservation and climate protection programs.
Due to an increase of client demand, they are looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to join their family and help them lead & mentor the less experienced developers in the team. Although they are offering a full-time position, there is a great deal of flexibility in conducting your workdays as long as the results are there. They are also open to sign both a B2B agreement & a permanent labour agreement with their Bulgarian legal entity upon candidate's preferences.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer (Remote)
- Design, build, and maintain new and existing Ruby and Elixir-based websites and web applications;
- Develop the existing company products;
- Architect solutions based on client requirements;
- Ensure that projects are completed to a high-quality standard, on time and within budget;
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation;
- Identify bottlenecks and bugs, and devise solutions to these problems;
- Assist with and/or create project plans and allocate people to work on them;
- Stay on top of the latest industry practices.
- 3+ years of experience working with Ruby and/or Ruby on Rails;
- Strong knowledge in RESTful architecture and implementing APIs;
- Experience in designing and developing complex applications and custom modules;
- Experience in test-driven development, continuous integration and use of various testing tools;
- Experience with Git version control
- Experience leading and/or mentoring a development team would be considered an strong advantage;;
- Experience working with Elixir would be considered a great advantage;
- Experience working with React.js/Vue.js/Ember.js would considered as a plus;
- Value work-life balance;
- Excellent English skills.
Should you consider yourself as the right candidate for this role, we would be glad to receive your CV in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted by our consultants.
Applying for this position, you are authorizing Novi Global to work and process with your personal information following the Law for Personal Data Protection.
Agency license Number 2123 issued on 04.10.2016.
Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Bulgaria - Any Region