The Finance Business Partner will provide financial analysis, planning and data mining support. The Candidate must be inquisitive, collaborative, accurate, and efficient to ensure leadership receives informative and timely financial reports and analyses.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide financial support to all levels of operations team, including reporting to assist in managing financial goals. Reporting also includes support for non-financial goals and metrics.
- Assist with closing books, forecasting balance of year financials, and creating annual plans and budgets
- Review various month end reports including actual versus budget variances.
- Present close results, operational data, and forecasts in written and verbal formats to senior leadership
- Ability to arrive at conclusions and give recommendations to management based on information obtained
- Analyse and prepare annual overhead budget and forecast updates as needed.
- Provide tools and perspectives to assist operation’s management in planning, directing operations and controlling costs.
- Assist in understanding the cost parameters of our business model, including labour, running costs, and fixed costs among others
- Proactively identify financial opportunities in the business and communicate findings to necessary parties
- Develop, implement, and maintain consistent processes for data quality control
- Provide financial training to operations staff, including policies, procedures and financial tools
Knowledge and Skills:
- Advanced knowledge of financial concepts and principles
- Strong analytical, organisational, and problem-solving skills
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Ability to influence internal and/or external constituents
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Self-starter with ability to derive innovative solutions with little direction
- Accounting degree required, Finance or related field
- Master's degree preferred
- Four (4) years or more Accounting and/or Finance experience required
- Four (4) years or more Transportation, Logistics, or equivalent industry preferred
Novi Global is acting as an employment agency in relation to this role and no terminology used is intended to discriminate.
Please contact Kay@noviglobal.com for more information on this role.