Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The mission of the Quality Assurance Engineer is to define test scenarios and new features, provide information on requirements, analyse the product, alleviate bug fixes and ensure that desired outcomes are achieved.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be - but not limited to:
Constantly test new developments and features to improve the quality of our product.
Our perfect fit has/is:
- Develop and execute comprehensive test plans to ensure the quality and functionalityof our software applications.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including developers and product managers,define test requirements and acceptance criteria.
- Perform manual and automated testing to identify software defects, record and track issues, and verify bug fixes.
- Design, implement, and maintain automated test scripts and frameworks to improve testing efficiency.
- Conduct regression testing to ensure that previously identified issues have been resolved and new features have not introduced regressions.
- Introduce best practices for the testing process and ensure that they are applied across the organisation.
- Analyse test results, identify trends and recommend improvements to the development team.
- Participate in the design and implementation of continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) processes to support agile development methodologies.
- Partner with our Lead Developer and Head of Product to identify any quality risks, work on critical projects and provide advice in prioritising test cases for automation.
- Contribute to the overall improvement of software quality by actively participating in code reviews and providing feedback on design and architecture.
- English (Fluent)
- ISTQB Foundation Certification (Required)
- Advanced programming skills using Java or C# (Required)
- Understanding of MySQL databases. (Required)
- Experience with test automation such as Selenium (Required) or Appium (Advantageous)
- Experience with TestRail, Jenkins, or TestNG (Advantageous)
- Understanding of programming concepts and best practices such as OOP
- Experience using an IDE, such as Eclipse, NetBeans, or IntelliJ IDEA
- Expert at troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues.
- Experience with API calls
- Experience with project management tools such as JIRA or Trello
- Experience with CI/CD tools, such as GitLab, is a plus
- Ability to work in and embrace a team environment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Practical working knowledge of software testing methodology and Quality Assurance fundamentals.
- Understanding of test automation concepts.
- Good communication, collaborative and problem-solving skills
- Prior programming work experience
We are an international super-fast-growing tech company and we are revolutionising hoteliers around the globe. We were awarded the world's best Hotel Management System for 2 years in a row and empowers hoteliers to run their property way more effectively. Our growing team of 91 heads is working from 10 offices all over the world!
After successfully meeting expectations in your role and earning the points needed on your role-based progression plan, the Senior QA Engineer position will be your next step.
- Loyalty Programme (Equity)
- Department incentive bonuses
- Training & Development:
- Formal training
- Annual hotel experience
- Employee Referral Campaign
- Friday Drinks & Lunches for in-house employees
- Quarterly Office Massages
- Birthday Lunch
Novi Global is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy and no terminology is meant to be discriminatory in any way, and all applicants will be treated in the same way.
For more information contact me directly.